All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over one hundred years, men and women around the world have been dressing up as their favourite characters from movies, games, comics, TV and books. Beginning as a curiosity and hobby for social outcasts, it's w a global phemen, fuelled by the Internet and an explosion in geek fandom. This in-depth look at the world of cosplay includes interviews with the stars, photographers and props builders, offers insights into cosplay's history, current landscape and explains its creative processes, like how to build the perfect costume. Cosplay World features over two hundred compelling photographs, showcasing everything from campy 70's costumes to cutting-edge suits engineered in workshops and built using space-age materials. The result is both a celebration and serious look at a popular means of self-expression that continues to fascinate.
- Author BiographyBrian Ashcraft is a senior contributing editor for the video game site, Kotaku, an arm of Gawker.com. He is the author of Arcade Mania! and Japanese Schoolgirl Confidential Luke Plunkett is a video game writer based in Canberra, Australia and a contributing editor for Kotaku.
- Author(s)Brian Ashcraft,Luke Plunkett
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note225 colour
- Weight903 g
- Width193 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.