Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionCost-benefit analysis is the only method of ecomic evaluation which can effectively indicate whether a health care treatment or intervention is worthwhile. This book attempts to build a bridge between cost-benefit analysis, as developed by ecomists, and the health care evaluation literature which relies on other evaluation approaches such as cost-minimization, cost-effectiveness analysis and cost-utility analysis. Robert Brent explains the many different ways in which these other valuation techniques can be converted into cost-benefit analysis and examines both the traditional (human capital) and modern (willingness to pay) approaches. Case studies are used throughout to explain and illustrate the various methodologies being examined. The author follows an applied ecomics approach, in which methods and ideas are evaluated according to practicability and t according to their theoretical purity. Ultimately, he resolves a number of disputes and makes some new, but subtle, contributions by reinterpreting, correcting and extending existing work. The book covers the topic in an accessible manner, from the foundations to the frontiers of the field, and clearly explains all the necessary ecomic principles along the way. Cost-Benefit Analysis and Health Care Evaluations will be invaluable to students and researchers of ecomics, public policy and health care policy, as well as policymakers and health care practitioners. It can also be used as a comprehensive introductory text by anyone with an interest in cost-benefit analysis.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Brent, Professor of Economics, Fordham University, US
- Author(s)Robert J. Brent
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2004
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigures, tables
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.