Cost and Effect: Using Integrated Cost Systems to Drive Profitability and Performance by Robin Cooper, Robert Steven Kaplan (Hardback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo of the most invative thinkers in the field present a work that represents the single best resource for understanding and implementing activity-based cost management. Kaplan and Cooper reveal that most companies don't kw how to measure accurately, influence, or understand the fundamental cost drivers in their businesses. They then provide a detailed and comprehensive blueprint that will enable managers to make better decisions and to promote organizational learning and improvement. Cost and Effect takes the management, finance, and accounting fields to an entirely new level, as the authors demonstrate how the principles of activity-based costing and other advanced cost management techniques, such as target and kaizen costing, can drive business performance. Using lively examples from a variety of leading companies worldwide--including Siemens, Hewlett-Packard, AT&T, the Swedish wire manufacturer Kanthal, Kirin Beer, and Procter & Gamble--they show how to create integrated, kwledge-based systems that provide meaningful information on current and past performance.The invation systems described in Cost and Effect will help you: determine where improvements in quality, efficiency, and productivity will have the highest payoffs; assist front-line employees in their learning and improvement activities; make better product mix and capital investment decisions; negotiate more effectively on price, product features, quality, delivery, and service to promote win-win relationships with your customers; choose low-cost suppliers who are truly low cost, t just low price; design products and services that meet customers' expectations - and that can be produced and delivered at a profit; and, integrate your activity-based cost system into reporting and budgeting processes to reveal the sources of excess capacity. Everyone involved in running a business--from general managers and strategic planners to financial executives, IT professionals, and operations managers--must read this book to learn how invative cost and performance measurement systems can enhance their organizational profitability and performance.
- Author BiographyRobert S. Kaplan is the Marvin Bower Professor of Leadership Development at the Harvard Business School. He is the co-author of The Balanced Scorecard and Relevance Lost and the editor of Measures for Manufacturing Excellence.
- Author(s)Robert Steven Kaplan,Robin Cooper
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1997
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Out-of-print date01/03/2016
- Content Noteindex, notes
- Weight759 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.