Costs and Outcomes in Children's Social Care: Messages from Research by Jennifer K. Beecham, Ian Sinclair (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 9 Mar
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCare services for children depend on a limited supply of resources; it is vital that these are used to best effect. This book considers the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of these services and their contribution to children's well-being. The book presents the findings of a set of original research studies. It looks at services provided by the statutory, for-profit and voluntary sectors, examining the way they are delivered and how resources are distributed. It examines the cost of providing particular services, the extent to which they improve outcomes for children and the degree to which they can be considered cost-effective. It explores what changes can and should be made to improve efficiency, paying particular attention to the possible contributions of early intervention and better co-ordination. From the research findings, Jennifer Beecham and Ian Sinclair draw key messages for practice for the use of resources and for future research in this area. This is an invaluable book for those practitioners, policy makers, managers, who are concerned with social care services for children.
- Author BiographyDr Jennifer Beecham is Professor of Health and Social Care Economics at PSSRU, University of Kent, and Principal Research Fellow at PSSRU, London School of Economics and Political Science. She has worked on the development of better unit cost methodologies, as well as cost analyses and cost-effectiveness evaluations of services for children and young people, including children with learning disabilities, children with mental health problems, disabled children and those who are supported by social care services. Ian Sinclair is a Research Professor in the Social Work Research and Development Unit at The University of York, where he has been responsible for a large programme of work on children's homes, foster care and movement within the care system. He was academic coordinator for the costs and effectiveness initiative on which this book is based. He is the author of Fostering Now: Messages from Research and the lead author of Foster Children: Where They Go and How They Get On, Foster Carers: Why They Stay and Why They Leave and Foster Placements: Why They Succeed and Why They Fail, all published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Ian Sinclair,Jennifer K. Beecham
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCosts & Effectiveness of Services Children in Need
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.