All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionA psychoanalyst sits in his consulting room waiting for the next patient. Thoughts, feelings and anxieties about his own current life begin to assault him. Partly as a way of dealing with the crisis in his own life, he begins to write fictional stories loosely based upon his patients' stories. Between each story the analyst produces a journal which comments upon the stories as well as his own developing personal situation. Couch Tales is a work of pure fiction, for the psychoanalyst and the patients are imaginary. However, they also reflect Roger Kennedy's work as a psychoanalyst, and the way that psychoanalysis reflects in depth on peoples' lives and narratives.
- Author BiographyRoger Kennedy is a psychoanalyst in private practice, a training analyst and President of the British Psychoanalytical Society. He is Consultant Psychiatrist at the Family Unit, Cassel Hospital, and author of nine previous books, including 'Psychotherapists as Expert Witnesses' (2005), and 'The Many Voices of Psychoanalysis' (2007). He is also a published poet.
- Author(s)Roger Kennedy
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight227 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.