All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin two months of the terrorists' destruction of the Twin Towers, 1,400 hate crimes against Muslims, ranging from assaults to murder and bomb threats, had been reported across this country. Although it is the fastest growing religion in the world, and some believe it will become the United States' second largest religious group by 2010, the Muslim community is little understood in this country. Author Kobeisy explains the range of true Muslim faith, shows us how unfair discrimination threatens and scars the mental health of American Muslims, and also demonstrates what counselors, teachers, social workers, and other helping professionals can do to understand the faith as well as help these people recover to live strong in the face of prejudice. Includes a quiz and true and false' self-test on kwledge of Muslims and Islam, and sections on how depiction of Muslims in the media colors mass perceptions. Includes vignettes of Muslims in counseling, and a glossary of Muslim and Islam terms. This work will appeal to counselors, mental health and social workers, family therapists, sociologist, anthropologists, teachers, school counselors, psychologists and school psychologists.
- Author BiographyAHMED NEZAR KOBEISY is on the faculty at Le Moyne College, State University of New York at Oswego and Hartford Seminary. He is also a counselor and Imam at the Islamic Society of Central New York. Furthermore, he is the Islamic Chaplain at Syracuse University.
- Author(s)Ahmed Nezar Kobeisy
- Date of Publication30/04/2004
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight459 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.