Counseling Assessment and Evaluation: Fundamentals of Applied Practice by Brande Flamez-McDevitt, Joshua C. Watson (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $194.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help teach students how to diagse, conduct treatment planning, and evaluate client outcomes. Addressing specific competencies as identified by CACREP (as all books in the series) the book will: provide the reader with foundational kwledge for sound formal and informal assessments; review ethical and legal considerations in assessment; introduce basic statistical concepts; highlight the domains in which assessments are commonly used (intelligence, aptitude, achievement, personality, career, etc.); and describe strategies to integrate assessment data when working with clients.
- Author BiographyJoshua C. Watson, Ph.D., LPC, NCC, ACS is an associate professor in the department of counseling and educational psychology at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. He has nearly 15 years of clinical experience working in a variety of community mental health and private practice settings. In addition to his teaching assignments, Dr. Watson has authored over 60 publications and has presented at numerous state, national, and international professional counseling conferences. He also is co-author of the recently released Sage text Counseling Assessment and Evaluation: Fundamentals of Applied Practice. In recognition of his scholarship, Dr. Watson has received numerous awards, including the Ralph F. Berdie Memorial Research Award, Herb Handley Memorial Research Award, American College Counseling Association Outstanding Research Award, Mississippi Counseling Association Distinguished Research Award, and the Mississippi State University College of Education Faculty Research Award. An active member of the American Counseling Association (ACA), Dr. Watson currently serves as editor of the Journal of College Counseling, the flagship journal of the American College Counseling Association (ACCA) and is a past-president of the Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling (AARC). In addition to being a state licensed and nationally certified counselor, Dr. Watson also serves as an approved clinical supervisor, working with beginning counselors who are engaged in the process of seeking state licensure. He received his B.A. in psychology from The University of Connecticut, a M.Ed. in counseling and guidance services from Clemson University, and a Ph.D. in counseling and counselor education from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He currently resides in Corpus Christi, TX with his wife and two children. Brande Flamez, Ph.D., NCC, LPC is a licensed professional counselor and clinical professor in the Counseling and Special Populations department at Lamar University. Dr. Flamez is also the CEO and Founder of the nonprofit SALT (Serving and Learning Together) world Inc. which provides donations and volunteer services to developing countries. Her clinical background includes working with children, adolescents, and families in community-based and private counseling settings. In addition, Dr. Flamez helped design an outpatient program for court-referred adolescents. Dr. Flamez is active in the counseling profession. She has served on the American Counseling Association (ACA) Governing Council for the International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors, ACA Finance Committee, ACA Investment Committee, and chaired the ACA Publications Committee. She is also the Past President for the Association for Humanistic Counselors (AHC). Dr. Flamez is on the editorial board for The Family Journal. She has presented numerous times at the nationally and internationally level and coauthored several book chapters and articles. Dr. Flamez is the co-author of the assessment textbook Counseling Assessment and Evaluation: Fundamentals of Applied Practice and Diagnosing Children and Adolescents: Guide for Mental Health Practitioners. She is the recipient of numerous national awards including the 2015 Counselor Educator Advocacy Award, 2014 ACA Kitty Cole Human Rights Award, 2012 ACA Gilbert and Kathleen Wrenn Award for a Caring and Humanitarian Person, and the 2012 IAMFC Distinguished Mentor Award.
- Author(s)Brande Flamez-McDevitt,Joshua C. Watson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCounseling and Professional Identity
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.