All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCounseling Children and Adolescents in Schools is a text and workbook designed to help aspiring school psychologists and counselors gain the necessary theoretical background and skill set to work effectively with youth in schools. The dual focus on school counselors and school psychologists provides students a broader view of the different mental health professionals in the schools, with an emphasis on collaboration.
- Author BiographySandy Magnuson received a Master's degree in elementary school counseling at Southwest Missouri State University in 1983 and a doctorate degree in counselor education from the University of Alabama. After teaching in counselor education programs in Alabama, Texas, and Colorado, Dr. Magnuson returned to elementary school counseling at University Schools in Greeley, Colorado and retired in 2010. During her career as a counselor educator and school counselor, she was committed to active participation in school counseling organizations and her own continuing education and supervision. She also conducted research in the development of counselors across the professional lifespan and supervision of counselors. Dr. Magnuson authored over 60 articles that have been published in professional journals. Robyn S. Hess is a Professor and Chair of the Department of School Psychology at the University of Northern Colorado. She earned her doctorate in School Psychology in 1993 and her M.S. in Counseling Psychology in 1987. Dr. Hess blends her experience as a counselor, school psychologist, and academician together to provide a scholarly, yet practical, approach to understanding counseling and mental health promotion within schools. She has published both nationally and internationally in the areas of culturally responsive assessment and intervention strategies, coping and stress in children and adolescents, and school completion among high-risk youth. Her teaching assignments over the last five years have included an introductory counseling practicum and children's mental health. Linda Beeler currently serves as Core Faculty in School Counseling for the Department of Counselor Education at Capella University and holds an Approved Clinical Supervisor credential. She earned her Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from the University of Northern Colorado in 2001 and began working in the public schools. She has carved a niche for herself working with high-needs and at-risk youth and has been actively involved in crisis intervention work in the schools. Additionally, Dr. Beeler focuses on the study of the supervision of current school counselors and school counselors in training.
- Author(s)Linda M. Beeler,Robyn S. Hess,Sandy Magnuson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.