All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a useful resource for designing and delivering culturally responsive counseling services for international students. It introduces readers to contributions made by international students in higher education, and supplies in-depth information about the nature of cross-cultural transitions including initial entry to the host culture as well as the return home. A framework of multicultural counseling competencies is applied, case examples are provided, and the book is filled with practical information for counselors and other mental health professionals.
- Author BiographyNancy Arthur, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor in the Division of Applied Psychology, Faculty of Education, at the University of Calgary. In her role as a counselor educator, Nancy instructs courses on theories of career development, career counseling, and cultural influences on professional practices. She is particularly interested in how models and processes of counseling can be adapted to support culturally diverse populations. Prior to joining the faculty at the University of Calgary, Dr. Arthur gained 15 years of experience counseling international students as a counselor at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. There she worked with diverse groups of adult learners through career and personal counseling, and the delivering psycho-educational workshops to students and faculty. With 20 years of experience in post-secondary education and career development, Dr. Arthur is particularly interested in helping people manage cross-cultural transitions. This includes consulting with organizations, training staff to develop competencies for working with culturally diverse clients, developing training and educational materials, and helping organizations design and implement internationalization strategies.
- Author(s)Nancy Marie Arthur
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleInternational and Cultural Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight920 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.