All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'An enjoyable book that helps to bring counselling into the 21st century. Kate and DeeAnna have played a significant role in the development of online therapy and their enthusiasm for the subject matter, and experience as trainers and practitioners, comes through in this informative text' - Terry Hanley, Director of MA in Counselling, University of Manchester. The plethora of online services w available has led to a growing demand for practitioners to look beyond traditional face-to-face therapy and take advantage of the flexibility which email and the Internet can offer them and their clients. This guide gives up-to-the minute information and research, ethical and legal advice, on the practicalities of setting up or joining a service, and the essential therapeutic skills needed to be an effective online therapist. Writing for an international audience, the authors discuss the issues for practitioners using the Internet today, as well as in the future. Basing their study on published empirical research, they address: text-based therapeutic interventions such as email, Internet Relay Chat and forums, from the perspective of different theoretical orientations, illustrated with a full length case study; new Ethical Framework for using Techlogy in Mental Health; online supervision, online research, group therapy online; the 'business' of setting up in private practice or e-clinics; and, other therapeutic uses of techlogy including use of video therapy, mobile SMS, telephone therapy, Virtual Reality environments, gaming and computerised CBT. The authoritative guide to all aspects of being an online therapist, this practical text is a vital addition to any therapist's library. It will also be valuable reading for anyone training to be a counsellor or psychotherapist in our increasingly 'electronic' world.
- Author(s)DeeAnna Merz Nagel,Kate Anthony
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.