All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAre your students looking to use counselling skills to enhance their existing helping role or wanting to take the first steps towards becoming a professional counsellor? Well look further! This practical guide will provide them with the ideal 'way-in', showing them what helping and counselling is all about. Part 1: Counselling Skills will introduce students to the underpinning kwledge and practical tools needed to develop a range of helping skills for use in a variety of helping roles, showing them what it means to work safely and ethically. Part 2: Counselling Studies will help students take their understanding further by considering in detail important theories and professional issues, preparing them to work as a professional counsellor. Part 3: Counselling Study Skills will offer practical advice and hints and tips to help students make the best start on their counselling portfolio, including journal and essay writing skills, research skills and how to get inspired and overcome blocks to their learning. Packed full of practical activities and written in a supportive conversational style, this book is essential reading for anyone wanting to learn counselling skills or embarking on their first stage of training to be a counsellor.
- Author BiographyFiona is an experienced counsellor, supervisor and trainer and, in addition to being Head of Qualifications at the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB), is also Deputy Chiare of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). She has always championed vocational training as an important route into the counselling profession and has a background in delivering counselling programmes in Further Education. She is a contributory author to Understanding Counselling and Psychotherapy (SAGE, 2010). Barry is an experienced counsellor within the person-centred family of psychotherapy and counselling and is currently a Senior Verifier and Head of Tailor-Made Qualifications at CPCAB. He has extensive experience delivering counselling courses. He is also trained in a range of complementary therapies. Traci is an experienced counsellor and supervisor. She has taught extensively in adult education and is a training consultant in the homelessness sector. She has also compiled a training manual which highlights the value of counselling skills in health and social care. She has a special interest in substance misuse and addiction and is currently Qualification Leader for Levels 2 and 3 at CPCAB. Anthony Crouch is a counselling psychologist and the founder and CEO of CPCAB and the Counselling Channel. His passionate belief in high quality counselling training led to the development of the CPCAB model in the early 1990s which has been reviewed regularly over the past two decades to incorporate the latest research on effective counselling. Anthony is also the author of Inside Counselling (SAGE, 1997).
- Author(s)Anthony Crouch,Barry Kopp,Fiona Ballantine Dykes,Traci Postings
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date22/03/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight535 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.