All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre your students looking to use counselling skills to enhance your existing helping role or wanting to take the firsts steps towards becoming a professional counsellor? Well look further! This practical guide will provide them with the ideal 'way-in', showing you what helping and counselling is all about. Part 1: Counselling Skills will introduce students to the underpinning kwledge and practical tools needed to develop a range of helping skills for use in a variety of helping roles, showing them what it means to work safely and ethically. Part 2: Counselling Studies will help students take their understanding further by considering in detail important theories and professional issues, preparing them to work as a professional counsellor. Part 3: Counselling Study Skills will offer practical advice and hints and tips to help students make the best start on their counselling portfolio, including journal and essay writing skills, research skills and how to get inspired and overcome blocks to their learning. Packed full of practical activities and written in a supportive conversational style, this book is essential reading for anyone wanting to learn counselling skills or embarking on their first stage of training to be a counsellor.
- Author BiographyAnthony Crouch is Head of Training at Counselling South West, a counsellor training organization which runs a four-year part-time programme in therapeutic counselling. Dr Crouch is also Senior Verifier at the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body, which validates over 100 counselling training courses in the UK each year.
- Author(s)Anthony Crouch,Barry Kopp,Fiona Ballantine Dykes,Traci Postings
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight535 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.