All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are the dilemmas faced by counsellors and psychotherapists in contemporary private practice and how do these impact on the therapeutic relationship? Working as a counsellor or psychotherapist in contemporary private practice presents a number of clinical, ethical and philosophical dilemmas that impact on the therapeutic relationship. Counselling and Psychotherapy in Contemporary Private Practice brings together experienced contributors to explore these dilemmas, with insightful and illuminating results. This book distinguishes itself as it does t simply offer practical ideas. It also presents the reader with issues that arise from the specific context of working in independent practice and explores how these affect what takes place in the therapeutic relationship. Counselling and Psychotherapy in Contemporary Private Practice will provide essential reading for students of counselling and psychotherapy, qualified and experienced practitioners contemplating setting up in private practice. It will also be of interest to those already working in private practice, who wish to reflect upon the dilemmas that arise in this working environment.
- Author BiographyDr Adrian Hemmings UKCP is a chartered psychologist and senior practitioner on the British Psychological Society (BPS) Register of Psychologists Specialising in Psychotherapy. Adrian currently works in the NHS as a psychologist and psychotherapist in a local Primary Care Trust where he is Professional Head of Psychology. He trained as a Psychotherapist and has worked in private practice for 20 years. Rosalind Field UKCP has had a private practice in Brighton since 1987. Rosalind has an MSc in social work and has had many years experience working with children and families in Family Therapy and Family Mediation both for various social service departments and voluntary sector organisations. Rosalind is also a qualified and experienced Psychotherapy Supervisor.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/07/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAdrian Hemmings,Rosalind Field
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.