About this product
- DescriptionFour starred reviews greeted this new, groundbreaking classic from Deborah Wiles! Franny Chapman just wants some peace. But that's hard to get when her best friend is feuding with her, her sister has disappeared, and her uncle is fighting an old war in his head. Her saintly younger brother is help, and the cute boy across the street only complicates things. Worst of all, everyone is walking around just waiting for a bomb to fall. It's 1962, and it seems that the whole country is living in fear. When President Kennedy goes on television to say that Russia is sending nuclear missiles to Cuba, it only gets worse. Franny doesn't kw how to deal with what's going on in the world-- more than she kws with how to deal with what's going on with her family and friends. But somehow she's got to make it.
- Author BiographyDeborah Wiles is the author of the picture book Freedom Summer and three novels: Love, Ruby Lavender; The Aurora County All-Stars; and Each Little Bird That Sings, a National Book Award finalist. She has vivid memories of ducking and covering under her school desk during air raid drills at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. She also sang in the Glee Club, was a champion speller, and hated Field Day. Deborah lives in Atlanta, Georgia. You can visit her on the web at www.deborahwiles.com.
- Author(s)Deborah Wiles
- PublisherScholastic Paperbacks
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSixties Trilogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Paperbacks
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight313 g
- Width139 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.