All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe Counterpoints Church Life and Ministry Collection: 7-Volume Set is a value for readers (the total retail value of the individual books is $140), covering topics the area of ministry including volumes on the baptism, women in ministry, the Lord's Supper, remarriage and divorce, and much more. With volumes featuring contributions from some of today's most respected scholars, these books represent the very best in Christian scholarship. Contributors include Craig L. Blomberg, Craig S. Keener, Gary L. McIntosh, Russell D. Moore, Thomas R. Schreiner, Robert Webber, Gordon J. Wenham, and many more. The Counterpoints Church Life and Ministry Collection: 7-Volume Set includes the following volumes: Evaluating the Church Growth Movement: Five Views Who Runs the Church?: Four Views on Church Government Exploring the Worship Spectrum: Six Views Two Views on Women in Ministry Remarriage after Divorce in Today's Church: Three Views Understanding Four Views on Baptism Understanding Four Views on the Lord's Supper The Counterpoints series provides a forum for comparison and critique of different views on issues important to Christians.
- Author BiographyPaul E. Engle, series editor for Counterpoints Church Life, is an ordained minister who served for twenty-two years in pastoral ministry in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Illinois, and Michigan. He is an adjunct teacher in several seminaries in this country and internationally. He serves as associate publisher and executive editor in the Church, Academic, and Ministry Resources team at Zondervan. He and his wife Margie, live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. John H. Armstrong is president of ACT 3 in Carol Stream, Illinois and served as a pastor for more than twenty years. He is an adjunct professor of evangelism at Wheaton College Graduate School. His online commentaries regularly appear at www.Act3online.com. He holds degrees from Wheaton College, Wheaton Graduate School, and Luther Rice Seminary. He is the author or editor of a number of books including The Catholic Mystery, Five Great Evangelists, Understanding Four Views on the Lord's Supper, and Understanding Four Views on Baptism Paul A. Basden (PhD, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is one of the senior pastors at Preston Trail Community Church in Frisco, Texas. He has also served as pastor of other churches in Alabama and Texas and as an adjunct professor at Beeson Divinity School. He is a graduate of Baylor University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and the author of The Worship Maze. James R. Beck is professor of counseling at Denver Seminary and the author of many books, including Jesus and Personality Theory: Exploring the Five Factor Model. The essays are contributed by Thomas R. Schreiner, Linda L. Belleville, Craig S. Keener, and Craig L. Blomberg. Steven B. Cowan (M.Div.; Ph.D.) is associate professor of Philosophy and Apologetics at Southeastern Bible College in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Gary L. McIntosh teaches at Talbot School of Theology, is a professor of Christian ministry and leadership, leads 20-25 national seminars a year, serves as a church consultant, was president of the American Society of Church Growth in 1995-1996, and has written over 95 articles and 10 books, including Finding Them, The Issachar Factor, Three Generations, One Size Doesn't Fit All, Overcoming the Dark Side, and Staffing Your Church for Growth. He has over 15 years of experience as a pastor and Christian education director. He is a graduate of Colorado Christian University, Western Conservative Baptist Seminary, and Fuller Theological Seminary. He is editor of the Church Growth Network newsletter and the Journal of the American Society for Church Growth. Mark Strauss (PhD, Aberdeen) is professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary in San Diego. He has written The Davidic Messiah in Luke-Acts, Distorting Scripture?: The Challenge of Bible Translation and Gender Accuracy, Luke in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Background Commentary series, and Mark in the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament.
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCounterpoints: Church Life
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Weight1713 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine146 mm
- Edited byGary L. McIntosh,James R. Beck,John H. Armstrong,Mark L. Strauss,Paul Basden,Steven B. Cowan
- Series Edited byPaul E. Engle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.