All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 9/11 to Charlie Hebdo along with Sony-pocalypse and DARPA's $2 million Cyber Grand Challenge, this book examines counterterrorism and cyber security history, strategies and techlogies from a thought-provoking approach that encompasses personal experiences, investigative journalism, historical and current events, ideas from thought leaders and the make-believe of Hollywood such as 24, Homeland and The Americans. President Barack Obama also said in his 2015 State of the Union address, We are making sure our government integrates intelligence to combat cyber threats, just as we have done to combat terrorism. In this new edition, there are seven completely new chapters, including three new contributed chapters by healthcare chief information security officer Ray Balut and Jean C. Stanford, DEF CON speaker Philip Polstra and security engineer and Black Hat speaker Darren Manners, as well as new commentaries by communications expert Andy Marken and DEF CON speaker Emily Peed. The book offers practical advice for businesses, governments and individuals to better secure the world and protect cyberspace.
- Author BiographyNewton Lee is CEO of Newton Lee Laboratories LLC, president of the Institute for Education, Research and Scholarships, adjunct professor at Woodbury University's School of Media, Culture & Design and editor-in-chief of ACM Computers in Entertainment. Previously, he was a computer scientist at AT&T Bell Laboratories, senior producer and engineer at The Walt Disney Company, and research staff member at the Institute for Defense Analyses. Lee graduated Summa Cum Laude from Virginia Tech with a B.S. and M.S. degree in Computer Science, and he earned a perfect GPA from Vincennes University with an A.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and an honorary doctorate in Computer Science. He is the co-author of Disney Stories: Getting to Digital; author of the Total Information Awareness book series including Facebook Nation and Counterterrorism and Cyber security; coauthor/editor of the Digital Da Vinci book series including Computers in Music and Computers in the Arts and Sciences and editor-in-chief of the Encyclopedia of Computer Graphics and Games.
- Author(s)Newton Lee
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication08/04/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note120 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight919 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.