Counterturbulence Marketing: A Pro-active Strategy for Volatile Economic Times by A. Coskun Samli (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $81.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $56.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the U.S. ecomy has been plagued recently by a deep and long recession, this unique book has a particularly important message. It takes the position that a proactive marketing strategy can protect the firm from the adverse impact of market turbulence. The author makes the case that the firm must revise its orientation toward being more marketing oriented, and then must develop a counterturbulence marketing strategy that is coined in this book as value marketing. Since turbulence in the American market is expected to intensify, it is expected that this book's contribution will be specific and significant. In order to implement a successful value marketing plan, the firm must be extremely sensitive to market changes and must be able to counteract these within a very short period of time. If the firm can detect changes early and can swiftly counteract these changes with a value marketing plan, then its chances to survive and prosper are enhanced. After reviewing briefly the causes and nature of turbulence in U.S. markets, the author establishes the importance of marketing as a counterturbulence weapon. In fact, the book implies that success in the market place is dependent on the firm's ability to manage itself against turbulence. The author posits that unless the firm takes the position that the customer is t only king but is everything, it will be impossible to survive constantly occurring and strengthening market turbulence. This position revision provides the firm with the opportunity to establish a proactive marketing program that is the blueprint for revising its product, price, and promotion strategies quickly and effectively. Furthermore, the value marketing plan thrives on value-added distribution and logistics processes. Adopting a counterturbulence marketing strategy begins with an attitude change on the part of the firm's executives. These executives must run the firm t by a bottom line but for a bottom line. This orientation change is primarily facilitated by opportunity budgeting. Ideal as supplemental reading in advanced marketing classes, this book will make an important impact on the thinking and orientation of business decision makers.
- Author BiographyA. COSKUN SAMLI is a Research Professor of Marketing and International Business at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville. His previous books include International Marketing (1993), Social Responsibility in Marketing, Retail Marketing Strategies, and Marketing and the Quality-of-Life Interface (1992, 1989, 1987). He is the author or co-author of more than thirty other book-length studies and over 200 articles in the field of marketing. Samli was a Ford Foundation Fellow, Sears AACSB Fellow, Fulbright Distinguished Lecturer, and AACSB Beta Gamma Sigma L. J. Buchan Distinguished Professor. He has done numerous projects and consulting work in the areas of business failures, small businesses, and entrepreneurship.
- Author(s)A. Coskun Samli
- Date of Publication30/09/1993
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight459 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.