All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
About this product
- DescriptionAges 10 to 13 years. The story of Maryland's three southern counties is really the story of the beginnings of the state itself. On 25 March 1634, the first European settlers came to the area in hopes of finding religious freedom and ecomic opportunities, led by Leonard Calvert. Counties of Southern Maryland describes the early settlement and traces the region's history through the end of the twentieth century in the area that w comprises St Mary's, Calvert, and Charles counties. This is the third book in a series about Maryland's counties that is designed for elementary school children studying their state. The authors approach each region of the state by introducing what is common to the counties, including their history, climate, geography, and wildlife. They describe the facets of each county that are unique: its establishment, county seat, growth, government, major towns, churches and other religious organisations, schools, businesses, agriculture, and places of interest. Clever line drawings by Marcy Dunn Ramsey accompany Fun Facts and Not-So-Fun Facts .
- Author(s)Elaine Bunting
- PublisherCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationCentreville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note35 illus & 2 maps
- Weight445 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.