Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the great revelations of William Shawcross's official biography was the Queen Mother's private correspondence. Indeed, The Sunday Times described her letters as 'wonderful ...brimful of liveliness and irreverence, steeliness and sweetness.' Now, drawing on the vast wealth of material in the Royal Archives, at Glamis Castle, and elsewhere, Shawcross has put together a selection of those letters. A prolific correspondent from her earliest childhood to the very end of her life, her letters offer readers a vivid insight into the person behind the public face. Full of wit, hilarity, acute observation and a deeply held sense of duty, Queen Elizabeth's letters constitute a chronicle both of her long life and of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1946, William Shawcross is an internationally renowned writer and broadcaster and appears regularly on television and radio. His articles have appeared in leading newspapers and journals throughout the world. He lives in London.
- Author(s)William Shawcross
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date07/04/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition StatementUnabridged
- Reading Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.