All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImagine you are a twelve-year old boy without parents, without friends, without a home to call your own. Ripped from your family, the world is frightening, confusing, a place where children can be discarded, where parents can disappear, where feelings have meaning. Utterly alone, there is one to talk to, to lean on, to confide in. No one speaks your language, or if they do, they just won't answer. Now imagine yourself a twelve year old kid with a mom and a dad, a sibling, a pet, a home to call your own. The world is predictable, safe, comfortable, with worries, shadows stalking your dreams. Then you tice that strange boy, the odd one you never bother to talk to, and when you and your friends allow him into your world, he changes you-and your world- forever.
- Author BiographyAs a social worker with much experience in the field of foster care and adoption, I am privy to the thoughts and feelings of loss and abandonment these children experience as they enter the world of foster care. Unless they are adopted into permanent, loving families, for them, the outcome can be grim, their futures dark. It is my hope that this book can entertain while imparting a message of unconditional friendship and the essential nature of family.
- Author(s)E a Gilmartin
- Date of Publication19/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.74Trending at AU $27.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.