All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $54.54
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.56
About this product
- DescriptionWith his 19-year-old daughter, a collection of maps, and the help of an opinionated GPS, Peter Midgley sets out across Namibia. Visiting small-town museums and gravesites, crossing border checkpoints, and changing tires, they travel the length and breadth of the country uncovering every facet of it. Stories about Portuguese explorers and the first gecide of the 20th century collect on the back seat of their car alongside the author s earliest childhood memories of growing up in the country. By the end of the journey, the stories piece together into an understanding of present-day Namibia and make it possible for Midgley to share his love for this complicated, vibrant place with his daughter.
- Author BiographyPeter Midgley is an author, an editor, and a playwright whose plays have been performed in Namibia and South Africa. Born in Namibia and raised there and in South Africa, he came to Canada in 1999. He lives in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Author(s)Peter Midgley
- PublisherWolsak and Wynn
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolsak and Wynn
- Weight431 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.