Country Music Broke My Brain: A Behind-The-Microphone Peek at Nashville's Famous and Fabulous Stars by Gerry House (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.34+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionNashville is filled with stars and lovers and writers and dreamers. Nashville is also teeming with lunatics and grifters and dip wads and moochers. Gerry House fits easily into at least half of those categories. Someone would probably have to be brain-damaged or really damn talented to try to entertain professional entertainers over a decades-long radio show in Music City, USA. Fortunately, House is little of both. Host of the nationally syndicated, top-rated morning show, Gerry House & The Foundation for 25 years, he has won virtually every broadcasting award there is including a place in the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame. Gerry also spent that time deep inside the songwriting and recording world in Nashville. In Country Music Broke My Brain, Gerry tells his stories from the other side of the microphone. He reveals never-aired, never-before published conversations with country music's biggest names--Johnny Cash, Brad Paisley, and Reba McEntire to name a few--and leaves you with his own crazy antics that will either have you laughing or shaking your head in disbelief. With exclusive celebrity stories, humorous trivia and anecdotes, and broadcasting wisdom, this book is a treat for country music fans or for anyone who wants a good laugh.
- Author BiographyGerry House worked in the music industry's famed Music Row district in Nashville for 30 years, the last 22 of which found him behind the microphone every weekday morning hosting Gerry House & The House Foundation, the top-rated morning radio show on WSIX-FM, for more than 20 years and broadcast nationally via Sirius/XM. Gerry is, first and foremost, a writer. He wrote his own daily radio material and also stand-up jokes and TV scripts for other shows for years, including the ACM Awards, the CMA Awards, the CMT Awards, and American Idol. He's also written more than 50 songs recorded by artists including Brad Paisley, LeAnn Rimes, George Strait, Reba McEntire, Randy Travis, Clint Black, Trace Adkins and many others. His hits such as Little Rock, On The Side of Angels, The Big One and The River and the Highway have sold millions of records.
- Author(s)Gerry House
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Weight528 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Foreword byReba McEntire
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.