All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book outlines the essential principles and practices of couple counselling. Demystifying this form of therapy, the author provides a step-by-step guide from the first meeting through to subsequent sessions. The book includes a wealth of supporting features including case examples, student exercises, points for reflection and memory-jog pages to use in practice. As well as chapters illustrating counselling for problems frequently experienced by couples, such as sexual difficulties, infidelity, violence and abuse, key content includes: cultural differences in couples work; varieties of committed relationships; responses to specific difficulties; ethical issues that arise as a result of working with two people; gender differences in relation to the counsellor's own sexuality and/or gender; the value of training courses and supervision; and, persons' narratives as a basis for change. This book comprises a sound basis for one-to-one practitioners wishing to expand their expertise and practice of therapy into working with couples, and for students training in this mode of counselling.
- Author BiographyMartin Payne is an independent counsellor working mainly in GP surgeries. During his previous career in Further and Adult Education he found his work was increasingly focussed on assisting students who were experiencing problems in their lives. He trained in counselling at Colchester Institute of Higher Education and gained their Diploma in Counselling. He has completed Intensive Training in Narrative Therapy with Michael White in Adelaide, South Australia, and is the author of Narrative Therapy: an Introduction for Counsellors (Sage Publications: Second edition, 2006).
- Author(s)Martin Payne
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/03/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.