About this product
- DescriptionNational Geographic Kids Chapter books pick up where the best-selling National Geographic Readers series leaves off, offering young animal lovers who are ready for short chapters lively, true stories just right to carry in your backpack, share with your friends, and read under the covers at night. Follow along as National Geographic Kids Chapters' presents a trio of true stories about incredible acts of animal heroism. Courageous Canine features an amazing pup named Lilly who sacrifices her own life to save her owner, a brave pod of dolphins who face a great white shark to save a stranger, and a mother gorilla, who in mourning her own baby, saves a 3-year-old boy who falls into her zoo enclosure. Filled with gorgeous photographs, sidebars, and fun facts, Courageous Canine will leave young readers hungry for more. National Geographic supports K-12 educators with ELA Common Core Resources.Visitwww.natgeoed.org/commoncorefor more information.
- Author BiographyFor the past 15 years, award-winning author KELLY MILNER HALLS has crafted high interest nonfiction books and articles for young readers. Known for quirky but well researched topics, Halls delights in drawing even reluctant readers into the realm of discovery through the explorations of dinosaurs, Sasquatch, UFOs or dozens of other unusual themes. She speaks at schools and conferences all over the country and also works as YA novelist Chris Crutcher's assistant.
- Author(s)Kelly Milner Halls
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleNational Geographic Kids Chapters
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.