All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's increasingly competitive job market, what's the secret to career success? How can you best stand out in an organization and get promoted? What's the most effective way to rise to the top and avoid stalling in middle management? In this essential and very readable guide to career success the Kelley Way, leaders from the top ranked business school in the country reveal the cornerstone for advancement in businesses-courageous leadership. What organizations really want, the authors anunce, is courageous, ethical leaders who can identify and solve complex problems under conditions of uncertainty, motivate others to perform at high levels, and consistently achieve superior organizational outcomes on schedule within resource constraints. In these pages, the principles and attributes of a courageous leader are laid out, depicting an effective communicator and motivator, self-learner, critical thinker in the face of complex problems, and a savvy participant in team and organizational environments with a rock solid ethical foundation. Written clearly and concisely with many examples, Courageous Leadership is indispensable reading for anyone considering a career in business.
- Author BiographyKelley Clinical Professor Terry Campbell was formerly Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of a wood products company and has served as a corporate consultant. Chris Cook teaches accounting at the Kelley School of Business and has over 15 years of consulting experience specializing in financial and operational process redesign. John Hill is Professor Emeritus at the Kelley School of Business and formerly Associate Dean and the Arthur M. Weimer Chair in Business, with experience in business management, consulting, academic administration, and the military. Eric Johnson is an Associate Director for Graduate Career Services at the Kelley School of Business. He is also Co-Founder and Co-Director of the MBA Leadership Academy and is a member of the Kelley Marketing faculty. Ray Luther is the Executive Director of the full-time MBA program at the Kelley School of Business. He also serves as the Co-Director of the Consumer Marketing Academy and is Co-Founder and Co-Director of the MBA Leadership Academy. Kelly Watkins is the Founder and President of Expressive Concepts, which specializes in Professional Development, Leadership, Communication, and Women's Leadership. She also serves on the Board of Directors for the Kelley School of Business Alumni Association.
- Author(s)Chris Cook,Eric Johnson,John Hill,Terry Campbell
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.