Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionTennis has never before been blessed with such an array of talented stars doing battle for the sport's most coveted titles. Games featuring Murray, Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova are among the most thrilling matches in the history of the game - and Neil Harman has witnessed them all. He is so close to the beating heart of tennis that he has become a confidant to many of the game's stars and administrators, even at one stage mentoring Victoria Azarenka to help her handle the media pressure at the top of the women's game. In short, Neil enjoys a privileged access that is unmatched elsewhere in the sport. Here he shares tennis's most intimate secrets in a book replete with personality, excitement, drama and intrigue. Featuring frank, in-depth interviews with all the leading players, their coaching staff, their agents and managers, Harman presents the game from an insider's perspective and offers the fresh insights and strong personal views for which he is celebrated. Court Confidential recounts a defining time for modern-day tennis: from Wimbledon to the Olympic Games, from Serena Williams's battle with illness to Andy Murray's historic grand slam victory, this is a book for tennis fans everywhere.
- Author BiographyNeil Harman is the tennis correspondent of The Times, the Sports Newspaper of the Year in 2010, 2011 and 2012, having previously held the same post at the Sunday Telegraph and the Daily Mail, where he was also the football correspondent. He is a former chairman of the Lawn Tennis Writers' Association and president of the International Tennis Writers' Association. In 2005, he won the ATP's Ron Bookman Award for Media Excellence. Two years later he became the SJA's Sports Reporter of the Year, the first time a tennis writer had won the award, and was highly commended in the Specialist Correspondent category. In 2012, he was once again nominated in the Specialist Correspondent category. Neil recently won the BNP Paribas Open Media Award for writers dedicated to tennis.
- Author(s)Neil Harman
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobson Press
- Out-of-print date27/04/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.