All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe role of the court in early medieval polities has long been recognised as an essential force in the running of the kingdom. The court was t only an organ of central government but a sociological community with its own ideology and culture, and a place where royal power was both displayed and negotiated. The studies within this volume reflect the diversity of modern court studies, considering the court as a social body and considering its educative and ideological activities. The contributors to this volume bring together historical, archaeological, art historical and literary approaches to the topic as they consider aspects of court life in England, Francia, Rome, and Byzantium from the eighth to the tenth centuries. The volume therefore looks at court life in the round, emphasizes and invites connections between early medieval courts, and opens new perspectives for the understanding of early medieval courts.
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication03/11/2003
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationTurnhout
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintBrepols N.V.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight692 g
- Width164 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.