Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe best basketball players and coaches are kwn t only for their success in the sport but for the manner in which they manifest their kwledge and abilities in playing, coaching, and teaching the game. Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Steve Nash, Diana Taurasi, and other great players past and present share a special grasp of what is needed in every situation on the court and how to maximize their own effectiveness as well as that of their team. Teams coached by John Wooden, Phil Jackson, Pat Summitt, and Mike Krzyzewski won many championships because of their coaches' amazing ability to teach, motivate, discipline, and unite players to perform to their potential individually and as a group. Court Sense highlights all those qualities that make players and teams great, and it provides practical ways to improve any intangibles that might be lacking. The first half of the book covers all the basics a player must have in place, on and off the court, in order to excel. The second half features the six Cs that are crucial to on-court performance: coach ability, communication, cohesion, capacity to lead, competitiveness, and concentration. Author John Giannini brings a wealth of kwledge and experience to the subject as a former collegiate player and veteran coach who has earned a PhD in sport psychology. His insights and advice are combined with real-life examples and supported by stories shared by these top coaches: John Beilein, Tony Bennett, Tom Crean, Jamie Dixon, Steve Donahue, Joanne P. McCallie, Sean Miller, Oliver Purnell, Bo Ryan, Tubby Smith, Sharon Versyp, and Jay Wright. Playing like a winner first requires preparing like one.
- Author BiographyJohn Giannini, PhD, is the head men's basketball coach at La Salle University, which competes on the Division I level in the Atlantic 10 Conference. He has led La Salle to its best Atlantic 10 record in history. Giannini accepted the job at the Philadelphia-based school in 2004 after a successful eight-year stint at the University of Maine, where he became the most successful men's basketball coach in the school's history and turned the Black Bears into a perennial force in the America East Conference. Prior to that, Giannini amassed a remarkable 168-38 record in 7 seasons as head coach at Rowan University. He also brought a Division III national championship to the Glassboro, New Jersey, university and was named Coach of the Year.
- Author(s)John Giannini
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2002
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white halftones
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byMike Brey
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.