Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.70+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by unrealbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionTilly has the day from hell when she's sacked from her barristers' chambers in the morning, then finds her husband in bed with her former best friend in the afteron. She escapes to her mother, Roxy - a sassy solicitor whose outrageous take on men, work and family life is the despair of her more conventional daughter. Roxy comes up with a radical plan for their future - they'll set up a new-style, all female law firm which will champion women. Before long they are rescuing women who have been cheated, put upon, attacked, ripped off or ruined by the men in their lives. When a gun-toting Grandma bursts upon the scene having shot off the testicles of the men who raped her grand daughter, Tilly finds herself at legal logger heads with Jack Cassidy, the smooth-talking, politically incorrect, legal love god who broke her heart at law school. Jack is fluent in three languages - English, sarcasm and flirtation, and his specialist area is emotional break and enter. But if the man is so loathsome, then why is she committing Acute Lust in the 3rd degree? As Tilly struggles to keep her client out of jail and her own cravings under lock and key, will the rapists walk free? When Tilly's 13-year old daughter goes missing, she faces the biggest moral dilemma of her life. Should she betray her beliefs and take the law into her own hands?
- Author BiographyKathy Lette is a celebrated and outspoken comic writer who has an inimitable take on serious current issues. She is one of the pioneering voices of contemporary feminism, paving the way for Caitlin Moran and Lena Dunham. She first achieved succes de scandale as a teenager with the novel Puberty Blues, which was made into a major film and a TV mini-series. After several years as a newspaper columnist and TV sitcom writer in America and Australia, she's written 11 international bestsellers in her characteristic witty voice, including Mad Cows, How to Kill Your Husband - and Other Handy Household Hints (staged by the Victorian opera) and The Boy Who Fell to Earth. She is known for her regular appearances on BBC and Sky news programmes. She is an ambassador for Women and Children First, Plan International, the White Ribbon Alliance and the NAS. Kathy Lette lives in London with her husband and two children, and can often be found at The Savoy drinking a cocktail named after her. Kathy is an autodidact (a word she taught herself) but in 2010, received an honorary doctorate from Southampton Solent University. Visit her website at www.kathylette.com to read her hilarious blog, and find her on Twitter @KathyLette and Facebook /KathyLetteAuthor
- Author(s)Kathy Lette
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date05/01/2016
- Weight468 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.