Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe ceiling paintings in the Hall of Justice of the Alhambra have t received serious scholarly attention for the past thirty years, perhaps due to their difficult incorporation into a discrete program of Christian vs. Islamic art, categories that until recently remained unchallenged themselves. The Alhambra itself continues to elicit the interest of many scholars, and several recent interpretations of the function of the Palace of the Lions, which houses the paintings, have been put forth. This collection brings together art historians, literary critics and historians who suggest new ways of approaching the paintings through their immediate social, historical, architectural and literary contexts, proposing a porous and flexible model for the production of culture in Iberia. Contributors are Jerrylin Dodds, Ana Echevarria, Jennifer Borland, Rosa Maria Rodriguez Porto, Oscar Martin, Amanda Luyster, Cynthia Robinson and Simone Pinet.
- Author BiographyCynthia Robinson, Ph. D. (1996), Art History and Near Eastery Studies, U. of Penn., is Associate Professor of Art History, Near Eastern Studies and Medieval Studies at Cornell University. She has published extensively on the visual and literary cultures of medieval Iberia. Simone Pinet, Ph.D. (2002) in Hispanic Literatures, Harvard University, is Associate Professor of Spanish and Medieval Studies at Cornell University. She has published extensively on medieval and Golden Age literatures, cartography, and culture.
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight474 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCynthia Robinson,Simone Pinet
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.