All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrint magazine, one of the world's most revered graphic design publications, turns 75 in 2015. In celebration, AIGA medalist Steven Heller has curated a collection of 75 of the most compelling covers from the archives of Print magazine. In this book, he explores the covers' significance in both the design industry and history at large. You'll love this book if: * You want to kw more about Print magazine's most iconic covers since 1940 * You appreciate striking design from some of the industry's most celebrated designers and illustrators * You're eager to take part in the celebration of Print magazine's most historic year yet * You're a designer, illustrator, artist or typography enthusiast seeking inspiration.
- Author BiographyThe publication, Print, A Quarterly Journal of the Graphic Arts, was a limited edition quarterly periodical begun in 1940 and continued under different names up to the present day as Print, a bimonthly American magazine about visual culture and design. In its current format, Print documents and critiques commercial, social, and environmental design from every angle: the good (how New York's public-school libraries are being reinvented through bold graphics), the bad (how Tylenol flubbed its disastrous ad campaign for suspicious hipsters), and the ugly (how Russia relies on Soviet symbolism to promote sausage and real estate). Print is a general-interest magazine, written by cultural reporters and critics who look at design in its social, political, and historical contexts. From newspapers and book covers to Web-based motion graphics, from corporate branding to indie-rock posters, from exhibitions to cars to monuments, Print shows its audience of designers, art directors, illustrators, photographers, educators, students, and enthusiasts of popular culture why our world looks the way it looks, and why the way it looks matters.
- Author(s)Steven Heller
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPopular Woodworking Books
- Content Note75 colour illustrations
- Weight903 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.