All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionRed Steagall's weekly radio program, Cowboy Corner, has been on the air for more than ten years and is carried on 175 radio stations across the country. A major feature of each show is Red's interview with his guest that week. They talk about the West, about cowboys, about horses, about history. It is always a conversation between friends who share mutual interests and mutual acquaintances, and in the course of these conversations the listener learns about Western heritage, Western traditions, and Western values. With the assistance of editor Loretta Fulton, Red has compiled the conversations with twenty-one of his friends into a unique book that captures the flavor of the Western way of life. Included are interviews with table Western figures Roy Rogers, Rex Allen, Reba McEntire, Richard Farnsworth, Jim Shoulders, Roy Clark, John Justin, Elmer Kelton, Wilford Brimley, Joaquin Jackson, Buck Taylor, and many more. Their stories about early days in movies, ranching, law enforcement, music, writing, and other endeavors create an important oral history of life in the West.
- Author BiographyRed Steagall is a versatile entertainer and a dedicated spokesman for the preservation of the Western lifestyle that he loves and lives. Named the Official Cowboy Poet of Texas in 1991, he has published three books of cowboy poetry and songs. More than two hundred of his compositions have been recorded, and he has released twenty albums, performed all over the world, and appeared in a variety of movies and television programs. Since 1991 he has hosted an authentic Western event, the Red Steagall Cowboy Gathering, at the Fort Worth Stockyards. In 1999 he was inducted into the Texas Trail of Fame, and in 2003 he received his most cherished honor when he was elected to the Hall of Great Westerners at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City.
- Author(s)Red Steagall
- PublisherState House Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2004
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAbilene
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState House Press
- Content Note30 photos, index
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.