All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe life of a cowboy driving a cattle herd was hard. It took a person with grit to drive a thousand head of longhorns along the Chisholm Trail. Cowboys faced badlands, lightning storms, and deadly twisters. But they also found time to swap stories around the campfire. David L. Harrison has created a cast of tough-as-leather cowboys who speak their minds in twenty-two entertaining poems, brought to life by Dan Burr s dramatic paintings. Readers follow the cowboys from roundup on a ranch in Texas to the one-thousand-mile trek to market in Abilene, Kansas, where they finally let loose.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Harrison is the author of more than seventy books that have sold over fifteen million copies. He is the recipient of many honors, including the Christopher Award. He lives in Springfield, Missouri. Dan Burr has illustrated a number of books for young readers, including Castles: Old Stone Poems by J. Patrick Lewis and Rebecca Kai Dotlich. He lives with his family in Tetonia, Idaho.
- Author(s)David L Harrison
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width284 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dan Burr
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.