All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNothing captures the American spirit quite like the exciting freedom of the cowboy of the Old West. From television serials to popular songs in every type of media the cowboy has entertained the world with a rugged heroism unique to America.Here, in 37 accurate drawings of exciting and authentic scenes for you to color, artist David Rickman presents a carefully researched re-creation of the evolution of that living national symbol. Arranged historically from the first Spanish stockmen arriving with Columbus in 1494 to today's touring rodeo bull rider in the Southwest, each scene is filled with accurate details and identified by informative captions describing the cowboy, his tools, his clothing, and the animals he tends.Discover how the Texas revolution (1836), then the Civil War, and finally the coming of the railroad changed the way cowboys lived and worked. Find out the difference between buckaroos, vaqueros, waddies, and broncobusters. With this inexpensive, educational coloring book, youngsters can learn all about the story of one of the most colorful figures in our national heritage.
- Author(s)David Rickman
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/1986
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Series TitleDover History Coloring Book
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Note37ill.
- Weight202 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.