All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a blistering account of the battle of Cowpens, a short, sharp conflict which marked a crucial turning point in the American Revolution. With Lt. Col. Banastre Tarleton and the British troops in hot pursuit, Daniel Morgan, leading a small force of 700 Continentals and militia, chose the Cowpens as the battlefield in which to make a stand. The two forces clashed for barely more than 45 minutes, yet this brief battle shaped the outcome of the War in the South and decisively influenced the conflict as a whole. The authors provide a shrewd analysis of what was perhaps the finest tactical performance of the entire war. Bird's-eye views, vivid illustrations and detailed maps illuminate the dynamism of this clash between two of the most famous commanders of the War of Independence.
- Author BiographyA retired geologist and geophysicist, Ed has written for several Osprey series, and is the author of a four-volume series on the history of Marine Corps tank battalions. He holds the General Wallace M. Greene Jr. Award for outstanding non-fiction by the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation for Tanks In Hell - A Marine Corps Tank Company On Tarawa. Catherine is a retired speech pathologist and audiologist who has written for Osprey, and with Ed is co-author of True For The Cause Of Liberty - The Second Spartan Regiment In The American Revolution. Catherine and Ed were both awarded the Presidential Service Center's Distinguished Service Medal for their research and writing on the American Revolution in the Carolinas. Ed and Catherine are residents of Texas. Graham Turner is a leading historical artist, specializing in the medieval period. He has illustrated numerous titles for Osprey, covering a wide variety of subjects from the dress of the 10th-century armies of the Caliphates, through the action of bloody medieval battles, to the daily life of the British Redcoat of the late 18th century.
- Author(s)Catherine Gilbert,Ed Gilbert,Richard D. Blackmon
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCampaign
- Series Part/Volume Number283
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note35 b/w; 44 col
- Weight357 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Graham Turner
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.