All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn many Native American stories of creation, Coyote proudly takes his place as the ultimate trickster, the mischievous hero whose lessons may even include painful lessons for the unwary. Mindy Dwyer's retelling of a Northwest coyote legend allows readers young and old to meet that same colorful and wily creature, but this time made vulnerable himself by love. As the author and illustrator sums things up, Coyote in Love is a tale of love and the way things came to be. Children will be entranced as they hear of the antics of Coyote as he sings to the heavens in pursuit of the love of a star. They'll also learn from the Old Ones how a lake with never-ending depth and the bluest waters--Oregon's Crate Lake--was formed by a flood of tears from heartbroken Coyote. This appealing legend is matched by the bright, whimsical watercolor images of Coyote.
- Author BiographyMindy Dwyer studied art in Pittsburgh and at the University of Colorado in Boulder. Her art has appeared in solo exhibitions as well as in juried shows across the country. Mindy's other children's books include Aurora: A Tale of the Northern Lights, Quilt of Dreams, and The Salmon Princess: An Alaska Cinderella Story.
- Author(s)MS Mindy Dwyer
- PublisherWestwinds Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestwinds Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width203 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.