Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $58.13Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionA good writer has a distinctive voice. A great writer has an inimitable one. Regardless of subject or place in time or space, good and great writers share one trait-they are true to their personalities, spirits, and characters. How do they do this? How can WE do this as teachers and writers? And how can we show our students what crafting an authentic voice entails? One of our premier writers on the writing process and writing workshop, Tom Roma, tells us. In a compelling and manageable text, he makes the case for giving special time and attention to voice as a means to get students involved and improve their writing, particularly expository writing. Using his own strong voice and trademark narrative style, he teaches by example-his own and his students'-how writers can be true to themselves and vivid on the page to pull readers in and keep them reading. More than that, Roma is an irresistible motivator to write well. His infectious enthusiasm, intellect, and heart shine through every chapter-from his tempting antipasto of stories and poems beginning each section of his book to the delicious courses that follow. He divides his text into small readable parts that consider the delight and dilemma of voice, the qualities of voice, and the relationship of voice and identity. Many examples indicate ways to trust the gush. And there are practical ideas here, too-strategies and techniques for immediate use in your teaching and writing. Read and take heed of Roma. Craft an authentic voice in your own writing. Teach students how they can do the same. Then revel in the candor and insight, the absorbing and entertaining stories, the clear thinking--the good, maybe even great, writing.
- Author(s)Tom Romano
- PublisherPearson Heinemann NZ
- Date of Publication14/01/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBirkenhead
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintPearson Heinemann NZ
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.