Crafting Scholarship in the Behavioral and Social Sciences: Writing, Reviewing, and Editing by Robert M. Milardo (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $205.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $241.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrafting Scholarship helps readers improve their writing and publishing success in academia. Framed within the context of the editorial and peer review process, the book explores writing, editing, and reviewing in academic publishing. As such it provides unique coverage of how successful writers work, how they manage criticism, and more. Examples from successful scholars provide helpful tips in writing articles, grants, books, book chapters, and reviews. Each chapter features tools that facilitate learning including Best Practices and Writer's Resource boxes to help maximize success, discussion questions and case studies to stimulate critical thinking, and recommended readings to encourage self exploration. A Facebook page provides an opportunity for readers to post writing updates and for instructors to share materials. Highlights include: -Insights on working with journal boards, reviewers, and contributors drawn from the author's 30 years of experience in editing journal articles and writing books. -Describes writing quantitative and qualitative reports, theory and literature reviews, books and chapters, grants, and book reviews. -Identifies common problems academics face in writing and publishing along with practical solutions. -Explores best practices in writing peer reviews, responding to reviewers and editors, and how to calculate and interpret acceptance rates and impact factors. -Addresses how to write each section of a journal article and select keywords that facilitate digital search engines to help potential readers find an article. -Includes examples of published work and tips on writing research syntheses using meta-analytic techniques or narrative analyses. -Examines the practices of successful writers, the pros and cons of collaborations, what publishers look for, and managing criticism. -Reviews pertinent empirical literature on the core topics of writing, reviewing, and editing. Intended for graduate or advanced undergraduate courses in professional development, writing in an academic field, or research methods taught in psychology, education, human development and family studies, sociology, communication, and other social sciences, this practical guide also appeals to those interested in pursuing an academic career and new and seasoned researchers.
- Author BiographyRobert M. Milardo is Professor of Family Relations at the University of Maine, USA.
- Author(s)Robert M. Milardo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.