All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpcycle your glass jars and other vessels into useful and lovely objects. Follow Hester van Overbeek's easy steps to make a fresh flower-decorated tea-light holder for a garden party, store all your grains and pasta in large jars with vibrantly painted lids or why t surprise a friend with the colourful 'birthday in a jar'? There are lots of quick ideas that take time at all, such as holiday memories in a jar, the table-setting jars or the floral centrepiece that will charm all your guests. Some are elegant, some are homespun, but all make use of natural materials such as wood, shells, flowers and leather - to give an original but sophisticated feel to your home and garden. Once you are confident in making the simpler crafts, there are more intricate projects to try, using basic DIY techniques: make a fabulous drink dispenser, a desk lamp or a rustic vase display by attaching jars to a weathered piece of wood. All the projects have clear step-by-step instructions and hand-drawn illustrations to guide you, so all you need to do is pick the project you want to make first!
- Author BiographyHester van Overbeek is a passionate crafter, who has always had a keen interest in interior design. When she moved to England's southeast coast and had the opportunity to redecorate a beach house, her passion for craft and DIY was rekindled and the website www.hestershandmadehome.com was born. The website features craft tutorial videos and interior tips, and Hester's work is often found in magazines such as Reloved. She has also been featured in IKEA Magazine and the Dutch magazine Libelle. Hester's first book, Furniture Hacks, was published in 2015 by CICO Books. As well as maintaining her website, Hester also works as a hair and makeup artist. Born in the Netherlands, Hester has lived in the UK for the past ten years.
- Author(s)Hester Van Overbeek
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note250 colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width208 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.