All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA poetic homage to basketball! The footsteps pound. The high-tops squeak. The crowd is loud. The floorboards creak. But through it all, we catch the sound, the one that's high above the ground, that most important ise of all: the swishing of the basketball. Doesn't even touch the rim just whooooosh-- y'hear it? YES, it's in! This new collection of more than 30 poems by Loris Lesynski captures the joys, thrills, and challenges of one of the most popular sports in the schoolyard today. Crazy About Basketball! is full of energy and humor, and is sure to appeal to anyone who has ever played the sport. Wonderfully ridiculous artwork and catchy, rhythmic poems highlight both the silly and serious side of the sport, with emphasis on training, tactics, and teamwork, but most of all, on having fun. A perfect complement to Lesynski's and Rasmussen's previous collaboration, Crazy About Soccer!
- Author BiographyLoris Lesynski is a bestselling author of brilliantly funny poems, and a frequent visitor to schools where she gets kids excited about poetry. She lives in Toronto, Ontario. Gerry Rasmussen draws the syndicated comic strip Betty. He lives in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Author(s)Loris Lesynski
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleCrazy About Sports
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gerry Rasmussen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.