All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUrsula K. Le Guin selected Crazy Weather for her contribution to Pharos Editions citing Charles McNichols offhanded skill, the ease with which (he) takes us deep into a complex society and the complex minds and hearts of its people. In four days of glory-hunting with an Indian comrade, South Boy, who is white, realizes he must choose between two cultures. Le Guin explains how she finds Crazy Weather to be about a soul t at home and t at peace: South Boy, who on the verge of manhood is living in and between two worlds, without a clear way to go in either. Crazy Weather is a unique tale of American identity that serves as an important document in our cultural history.
- Author BiographyCharles L. McNichols was a naval aviator in World War I who later worked in the movies and wrote for magazines. He will always be remembered for Crazy Weather, originally published in 1944 and his only book-length work of fiction. Ursula K. Le Guin was born in 1929 in Berkeley, and lives in Portland, Oregon. As of 2013, she has published twenty-one novels, eleven volumes of short stories, four collections of essays, twelve books for children, six volumes of poetry and four of translation, and has received many honors and awards including Hugo, Nebula, the National Book Award, and the PEN-Malamud.
- Author(s)Charles L McNichols
- PublisherDark Coast Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDark Coast Press
- Weight259 g
- Width156 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byNatachee Scott Momaday
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.75Trending at AU $29.45
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.21
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.