All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilm is, arguably, the most important, successful and significant expression of human culture. It is distributed globally through the cinema networks to millions of viewers, broadcast to billions of television viewers, franchised to many more through DVD and direct downloads; it is, therefore, the single most universal medium of our time. But what is film? Through the careful examination of several of these created worlds, the author sheds light on this phemen in a lavishly illustrated account of some of the greatest films ever made. In Volume Two, they include: The Matrix, Birth, The Village and The Truman Show.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ely has, for over 30 years been at the forefront of arts and education. He created film courses as early as 1984 and produced short films, acted in film and in 1989 created the Arden School. He has directed, acted and designed sets; and he was Principal of Rose Bruford College in London from 1993-2000. In 2003 he became President of LASALLE College in Singapore where he founded the Puttnam School of Film and instigated the training of actors in Asia. He was also Head of School and Director for a time at the Western Australia Academy of Performing Arts. He is an award-winning researcher, a writer, a painter and illustrator; and he continues to photograph and make short films. But above all, he is an educator.
- Author(s)Dr Robert S Ely
- Date of Publication16/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.