All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionEducators have an incredible opportunity to influence the development of neural pathways within the brain of each student. Biller's guide to brain-friendly learning promotes an understanding of how the neuroscience discoveries of the past decade can be applied in today's classrooms. His four-step process called I-CAN, an acronym for: Instructional climate, Cerebral engagement, Abundant connections and Neural practice, provides instructional tools and strategies that are aligned with the way the brain naturally learns and will aid in effective teaching and discipline. This book bridges the gap between neurological research and classroom application. Intended for K-12 educators, this work will be of interest to parents and others looking for insight into how the brain receives, processes, and stores information.
- Author BiographyLowell Biller has been employed in education for nearly 22 years with teaching and administrative experiences from elementary to the university level; thus providing a global perspective of the teaching profession. For the last three years, Dr. Biller has conducted workshops and seminars for school districts and educational organizations on the topic of brain-friendly learning. In addition, he has shadowed neurosurgeons and medical school professors, both in the operating room and in the classroom, in an attempt to gain a comprehensive understanding of the fascinating field of neuroscience.
- Author(s)Lowell W. Biller
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication24/12/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width149 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.