Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe sustainable long-term growth and survival of a corporation can only be achieved through the ongoing creation of invative products and services. This is especially true in today's global software industry, which is characterized by ever-shorter product cycles, intense global competition and kwledge-intense research and development (R&D). The effective organization and management of a corporate R&D function in a software enterprise has thus become a key success factor for sustainable competitive advantages. This doctoral dissertation submitted to the City University of Hong Kong, designs, implements and evaluates an organizational transformation and its supporting framework for a globally dispersed R&D organization in the software industry as part of a two-year longitudinal case study at SAP, one of world's largest software companies. Based on the action design research methodology, this cross-disciplinary participatory case study, which draws from the areas of strategic management, global R&D management, organizational theory and organizational change management, to take a systematic approach to investigate this phemen and obtain a rmative model of global R&D organizational enhancements. The book is therefore aimed at both academics and managers of global R&D organizations, who intend to obtain a comprehensive understanding of globally dispersed R&D and methods to improve organizational efficiency of global R&D.
- Author BiographyMarkus Alsleben is an independent management consultant and advisor to global companies with rich experience in the IT and software industry, with focus on R&D Management in China. Markus Alsleben previously worked for SAP as Vice President Strategic Business Development SAP Labs China and Vice President SAP Professional Services with more than 150 consultants serving close to 1000 customers in the region. Markus studied in Hanover, Germany and Birmingham, U.K. and holds a Diploma in Economics from Hanover University Germany and a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from City University of Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Markus Alsleben
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.