Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionHow many senior executives and managers are able to reach the top with little or financial training? They may have been appointed to the executive board as a result of their expertise in marketing, HR, sales or IT, yet every board member has a responsibility to make informed decisions on proposed financial actions - decisions which inevitably affect the value of their business. Offering straightforward and practical advice, Creating Financial Value will equip those who are t financial specialists with the necessary kwledge t only to contribute fully to important discussions on policy and strategy, but also to develop sound business proposals, or to competently cross-examine the proposals of others. Through examples from a range of business disciplines, the book explains in simple, digestible terms how a business creates financial value, and how a n-financial manager can confidently take an active role in the process. Once read, the book will provide an essential resource that can be referenced time and again. Malcolm Allitt punctures the myths surrounding 'shareholder value' and looks behind the finance jargon to define the boundaries between what a n-specialist should kw and when it is good practice to seek the advice of financial specialists. This book is key reading for anyone from a n-financial background who wants to execute their increasingly broad responsibilities competently and confidently, without the need to become experts themselves.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Allitt is an Ashridge Business School Associate and part time faculty member of Coventry University London Campus. In 1987 he won the Sainsbury Management Fellowship and, following a two-year MBA programme at London Business School, became Managing Director of a major division of Wimpey Plc. In 1999 he co-founded his own company, Ibis Bindery Systems Limited. After several years of active leadership Malcolm became non-executive Chairman and advisor to the Board. Malcolm joined the faculty of Ashridge Business School in 1995 and is currently an Ashridge Associate. His special interest lies in exploring the ways in which value is created by organisations - a theme which spans entrepreneurship, strategy, leadership, finance and organisation development.
- Author(s)Malcolm Allitt
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.