All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThere are a wide variety of leadership development opportunities available to academic and research librarians. The 18 programs studied in this book provide a diverse array of possibilities for those contemplating attending or implementing an academic leadership development program. The final chapters compile the 18 programs into one research study and draw some conclusions that facilitate a better understanding of issues in creating leaders in academic and research libraries. Each program chapter explores the history, curriculum, leadership theories, and author-participant perspectives on that program. Some include a study of past participants' perceptions of the program's effectiveness in developing leadership, or a longitudinal look at career trajectories, while others include a case study of the application of program concepts. Edited by Irene M. H. Herold and with a foreword by Maureen Sullivan, this work explores whether leadership development programs develop leadership, the value of attending a leadership development program, and what a participant can reasonably expect, and ought never expect, if they attend a particular program. Whether contemplating attending a program, developing a program, or just wanting to kw what others consider essential theories or activities for personal leadership development, this book provides an informative look into a variety of approaches to creating academic and research library leaders. Creating Leaders: An Examination of Academic and Research Library Leadership Institutes is #69 in the ACRL Publications in Librarianship mographic series.
- Author BiographyIrene M.H. Herold is the University Librarian for Library Services, University of Hawai'i at M?noa, USA. Her Ph.D. is in Managerial Leadership in the Information Professions from Simmons College. In addition to attending three leadership development programs, she was the program director of the College Library Directors' Mentor Program from 2012-2013.
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleACRL Publications in Librarianship
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byIrene M. H. Herold
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.