Creating Policies for Results: From Chaos to Clarity by June Garcia, Sandra Nelson (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $136.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does a librarian do if an unattended child remains at closing time? Can nresidents get a library card? What is the library's position on Internet filters? These are but a few of the kinds of issues that require clear, up-to-date library policies. If your staff makes decisions on the fly, if policies are nexistent, outdated, and one kws what they are, your library may be experiencing policy chaos. To avoid potential legal liabilities, confusion, lost opportunities and tensions among management, employees, customers, and the community at large, the answer is to create current, customized policies geared to your library. Now it's easier than ever using this one-stop, step-by-step guide that dovetails with PLA's The New Planning for Results. Covering governance and organizational structure, management policies, and services relating to customers, circulation, information, and groups, this comprehensive how-to addresses each major library area. Follow these guidelines to assess existing policies, develop new ones, and communicate all changes to improve consistency. You will learn to: Create sound and legally defensible policies; Customize policies appropriate to your library's specific mission, customers and size using proven work forms; Serve customers more effectively by updating, clarifying, and communicating new and revised policies; Address needs of a changing customer base; Create guidance and contingency plans for emergencies; Add details and enforcement procedures for as many situations as possible; A new offering in the bestselling ...for Results series from PLA (that includes The New Planning for Results, Staffing for Results and Managing for Results), Creating Policies for Results is the must-have resource for creating and updating policies. No public library can afford to be without it.
- Author BiographySandra Nelson is currently a public library consultant specializing in planning, management, training, and resource allocation. Most recently, she served as Assistant State Librarian and Archivist for Planning and Development for the Tennessee State Library. She also worked in the Phoenix Public Library and Olney Community Library. An award-winning librarian who is active in the Public Library Association, she is the author of numerous professional guides including The New Planning for Results, Wired for the Future, and Managing for Results. June Garcia is managing partner with the library-consulting firm Dubberly Garcia, which specializes in planning, facilities, and executive recruiting. The firm's clients include the Baltimore County Public Library, the San Diego Public Library, and the Las Vegas-Clark County Public Library. With more than 30 years of experience in public libraries, she served as director of the San Antonio Public Library and Library Extension Services Administrator at the Phoenix Public Library. She was also Chief Executive Officer of the CARL Corporation, a major library automation company. Active in the Public Library Association, she is an award-winning librarian and was on PLA's planning committees to create Managing for Results and Staffing for Results.
- Author(s)June Garcia,Sandra Nelson
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/06/2003
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Weight572 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.