All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo science and techlogy create value for society and the ecomy, and how might one go about measuring it? How do we evaluate its benefits? Can we even be certain that there are benefits? Geisler argues that there are benefits, and that they outweigh in value the negative impacts that inevitably accompany them. His revolutionary new book goes on to show that they can also be measured and evaluated, and in one volume all of the existing kwledge on how to do it is complied--then Geisler's own methods are offered. The result is a compelling argument that the value of science and techlogy in our lives has indeed been positive, and that the ecomic well-being of all individuals, organizations, and nations rests upon them. Geisler starts off by describing his conceptual framework for the evaluation of science and techlogy and the impact and benefits that proceed from them. He discusses the nature of evaluation in general terms, and then in the specific context of science, techlogy, and invation together. He reviews the state of our present kwledge and assesses the nature of value creation itself. Throughout, Geisler remains fixed on his driving thesis: Although there are certainly some negative impacts from science and techlogy, on the whole the results of its outputs are positive. He shows how they have contributed to a range of activities and institutions, particularly to the improvement of health and human welfare worldwide. Finally, after discussing the theories of evaluation, he gets down to the practice, providing readers with a way to assess science and techlogical invations for themselves.
- Author BiographyELIEZER GEISLER is Professor of Organizational Behavior, Stuart Graduate School of Business, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. He has authored more than 80 scientific publications and five books, three published by Quorum, Dr. Geisler specializes in the evaluation and measurement of science and technology, the strategic management of technology, and medical technology, specifically. Dr. Geisler has also served as Chair of the College of Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship, a division of INFORMS, and as editor for various journals in his fields.
- Author(s)Eliezer Geisler
- Date of Publication30/08/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight687 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.