All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book illustrates that, although invation has always mattered in ecomic development, simply increasing expenditure in creating kwledge may t be the answer: we need to look at the whole system through which such kwledge translates to value creation. The contributors explore the implications of the changing twenty-first century context of networked, global and increasingly open invation - a world in which kwledge flows become as important as kwledge creation. In so doing, they address four key questions: what is the context within which invation occurs in the UK? How do new firms form on the basis of kwledge and its deployment? How do established firms access and use kwledge to improve their current activities and generate new directions? What technical and organizational infrastructures enable these activities? Drawing out lessons for future research, this book will be of great interest to academics concerned with science and invation policy and its implementation. Managers and policy makers involved in invation and techlogy strategy, and with developing responses to new challenges such as 'open invation', will also find much to interest them within this book.
- Author BiographyEdited by John Bessant, Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, University of Exeter, UK and Tim Venables, Strategic Research Manager, Imperial College Business School, London, UK
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byJohn Bessant,Tim Venables
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.