All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book features the best plants for spring, summer, autumn and winter displays, with over 300 photographs. You can make the best of your garden throughout the year by planting seasonal flowers, trees and shrubs. Inspirational displays include flower beds and borders, ponds, window boxes, hanging baskets and tubs. It shows you how to choose suitable plants for every situation - from berried shrubs to twiggy hedges and floral climbers - and how to display them effectively. Vibrant and stunning photographs capture the beauty of delicate spring bulbs, fiery summer annuals, pretty autumn seedheads and verdant winter trees and grasses. It features a wide range of garden styles - from traditional country cottage to formal and contemporary. It features an at-a-glance calendar of key gardening jobs to do during and after each season. From the long-awaited first buds of spring and the riotous displays of summer, to the rich hues of autumn and the structural quality of the winter landscape, your garden can mirror the changing seasons and the wonderful variety of plants available. Season by season, this book takes an inspirational look at bulbs, annuals, perennials, climbers, shrubs and trees, with full descriptions, flowering times, tips on the best growing conditions and hardiness tes. Ideas are presented for pretty window boxes, hanging baskets, tubs, and eye-catching beds and borders. There are also useful lists of jobs that should be done during each season to ensure your garden stays looking its best. With a wealth of practical advice and over 300 photographs, this book is sure to inspire all year round.
- Author BiographyRichard Rosenfeld began his career as a publisher, then became a freelance garden journalist. He was voted Garden Writer of the Year in 1993 and has written many gardening books, including Propagating Your Plants (Southwater); and Tricks With Trees (Pavilion) with Ivan Hicks. He has been a regular contributor to the Sunday Times Magazine, the Sunday Telegraph, the Sunday Express and the Daily Mail, and has designed gardens in Italy, the USA and England.
- Author(s)Richard Rosenfeld
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 300 photographs
- Weight939 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.