All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur life can be viewed as three stages. In the first, we are told what to do and when to do it by our parents and teachers. In the second, our employers give us directions, usually with set working hours. In the third stage, when we retire, what we do with our time and lives is something we must decide. The transition into retirement, with seemingly endless options, can be challenging. Most books on retirement concentrate on the financial aspects of retirement. This is book does t. This is a workbook crafted to help you plan your own life after work: both long-term and day-to-day. It does t tell you what to do; it provides you with the tools to create your own action plan. The book leads you and your partner through a series of exercises designed to help you understand and focus on what is important to you, and make the decisions which will help give your retirement years a structure. The book includes access to a kit of forms and exercises; a workbook for planning your retirement. This book explains how to think about your retirement and provides a practical way of planning how you will live your retirement years. There is little written about this topic; the majority of books out there are aimed at financial planning, while the next largest cohort of books speaks to eldercare and housing for those who need assistance in their later years.
- Author BiographyDr. Ronald W. Richardson, BA, MDiv, DMin, has been a marriage counselor and family therapist since 1976. He was formerly the Executive Director and Director of Training at the North Shore Counselling Centre in British Columbia. He was also on the faculty of the Pacific Coast Family Therapy Training Association. He is active as a Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and is a Diplomate of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors. Lois Richardson, MA Journalism, has worked as a newspaper reporter, magazine writer, and non-fiction book editor for publishers and government in the U.S. and Canada. She and Ron retired at ages 53 and 58 and have lived happily ever after. Like many busy retirees, she doesn t know where she found the time to work for pay. Her life is full of hiking, bicycling, skiing, kayaking, reading, going to concerts and plays, and volunteering at a park and a library.
- Author(s)Lois Richardson,Ronald W Richardson
- PublisherSelf-Counsel Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleEldercare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSelf-Counsel Press
- Weight163 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.